So that last guy I hired went off and started working at Gearbox Software. I seem to be training some new breed of super-PR/community-management types. While I guess I could have a future in creating these superpublicists, I should probably just stick to hiring awesome people to work at Evolve PR!
The job is pretty much the same as the last one I was advertising, so pardon me for copying large chunks of the previous job description. However, it’s not an internship this time around… looking back, neither was the first one. I digress. By working at Evolve, you’ll get the opportunity to work with awesome companies and franchises like GOG.com, CD Projekt RED (The Witcher), TimeGate Studios, Paradox Interactive and more.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct media relations – pitch stories, write press releases, follow up
- Assist in planning PR, marketing/creative and community campaigns
- Interact with people — media, fans, whoever — on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Do random marketing stuff, offering feedback on selling points, marketing copy and whatever else we have to help with
- Compile coverage/buzz/community reports
- Help with business development, securing new clients, partnerships, etc.
- Come up with cool new ways to promote clients and their products
- Contribute to this blog more often than I do
Still a pretty good gig, as far as I’m concerned. The ideal candidate has these traits:
- Excellent writing abilities, able to deliver fun, creative and enticing copy
- Knowledge of games industry necessary (consoles, PC and mobile), tech and social media knowledge nice
- Extensive network of contacts in games industry preferable
- Prior PR experience within a games developer, publisher or agency greatly preferred
- Not against working from home, wherever that may be
- Based in NYC, SF, LA or Edmonton preferable
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- Active and engaged on Twitter, Facebook and/or other social networks
This is a paid part-time position with 20-30 hours of work per week and the potential to grow to full-time in the future. If you’re interested, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to [email protected]. CLOSING DATE: January 6.