Research, Reporting, and Good Advice for the Video Game Industry
work in an incredibly fast-moving industry, with hundreds of games competing for the attention of thousands of media and influencers–and players, of course. New platforms and marketing methods rise and fall like the tides, and it’s nearly impossible to keep up… unless you Evolve (that joke never gets old, nope, never!). Every Evolve project is backed by our Insights team, to ensure we’re helping you reach the right audiences in the right way, and that we can measure the results of our efforts.
What We Do
Put simply, Insights is where we put our money where our mouth is, giving you evidence of the impact our work has on your project, and constantly finding ways to improve what we do.
Our Insights team gets deep into the nitty-gritty of digging up all the coverage your game has secured, and compressing it down into easy to understand reports. We’re also there to help suss out and capitalize on trends and unique facets of various projects, and the industry at large. We can even take that knowledge and help people right their ships, using our expertise and unique perspective to help provide a competitive edge.
Reporting & Tracking
Why spend money on a promotional campaign if you have no idea what it’s achieving? Our well honed reporting and tracking tools allow our Insights staff to make sure you’re getting the full picture of the impact your product is having, presented to you promptly and in a clear and concise manner.
- Flexible Coverage Tracking: Whether you want to see just the creme-de-la-creme of coverage, or have every article, video, and tweet tracked and categorized, we got you.
- Adjustable Reporting: We’ll provide you with customized progress reports however often you’d like and to whatever degree of depth fits your needs.
- Broad Statistic Collection: Macro-level tracking ensures you’ll never miss the forest for the trees, as we gather the sorts of broad statistics that let you see major trends coming from a mile away, like how your Steam wishlist numbers have risen over time, or the impact various announcements had on your social following.
- Influencer and Traditional Media Tracking: Depending on your needs we can ensure you’ll see who’s talking about you in all circles, be it mainstream media, enthusiast press, social platforms, or independent streamers and YouTubers.
Industry and Consumer Research & Analysis
As Sun Tzu said, “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles,” or–if you want a more contemporary reference–“knowing is half the battle.” In the war that is a successful product launch, we can provide you with the much-needed edge that only knowledge can bring.
- Case Studies and Competitive Analysis: Focused breakdowns of a game’s journey and impact allow you to learn the unique lessons that tip the balance between rousing success and middling mediocrity.
- Press, Social, and Sentiment Audits: It can be hard to know how to improve your game or where your strengths are without a solid picture of where you currently stand. We’ll figure out what people are saying about your game, wherever they’re talking about it.
- Live and Online Surveying and Focus: Testing In an industry so tied to the whims of the consumer, few things are as powerful as direct feedback. We know how to solicit, organize, and parse that information to separate the tasty, constructive wheat from the overbearing amounts of chaff.
- Analytical Dataset Breakdowns and Collection: Got a pile of numbers but can’t quite figure out what they mean? We can suss out any trends for you and make sense of those datasets, allowing you to make decisions with confidence.
- Transparent Methodology and Assessments: All of our research efforts are done using clear-cut methodologies, and are presented as transparently as possible, with any parameters explained and margins of errors disclosed.
Development and Promotion Consultation and Advice
It can sometimes be hard to know what’s causing you trouble or slowing your game down when you’re in the thick of things, and that’s another place our Insights team can help you out. We’ll give you an objective outside view of your situation, and provide advice and consultation informed by years of experience and a broad wide-ranging view of the industry at large.
- Mock Reviews: Knowing how your game will stack up before it’s even close to hitting the market can help you see problems earlier, and reorient development and promotion accordingly. Using both our internal staff and external sub-contractors, we can prepare those all-important mock reviews for you.
- Expert Industry Advice: Drawing from Evolve PR’s years of experience and expertise, tempered by our ongoing internal research efforts, we can help guide you through the choppy industry waters and answer any questions you may have.
- High-Level Consultation: Need some guidance on how to proceed but would still prefer to keep full control? We can come in and help consult on how best to organize and act to take advantage of industry trends, helping you to make informed decisions.
- Custom Research Projects and White Papers: If you have some hypothesis you want to test, or otherwise want unique insight into just about any industry-related questions, let us know, and we’d be happy to discuss how we can help put something together just for you.