Work at Evolve
At Evolve, we’re committed to not sucking. If you’re someone who’s also interested in not sucking, and who has hobbies like… oh, playing video games, reading about the games industry, promoting video games, trying to understand why games still cost $60, etc., you might be interested in working for us!
Why work at Evolve?
Just because! Oh fine, you need more real reasons. How about…
- Work from anywhere—home, the beach or even an alley. If your alley has internet.
- Flexible work hours and a 35-hour work week. Focus on the “life” part of “work-life balance.”
- Health and dental benefits.
- Be part of an agency with an exceptional reputation, aiming to break free from traditional game marketing in creative and exciting ways.
- Liberal vacation time: 3 weeks (15 biz days) minimum, plus Evolve Fridays: the second Friday of every month is a day off to enjoy time with friends, family, yourself… whatever!
- Work on a wide range of games, from AAA blockbusters to underdog indies.
- Educational allowance so you can get better at… well, whatever you’re doing.
- Enjoy working on a small team, wearing various hats. No funny hats, though. Oh, who am I kidding? Wear whatever hat you want, you weirdo.
- Pants optional.
- We <3 diversity. If you’re holding back from applying because of your gender, background, or anything else… please fight through the discomfort and apply!
Junior Web Developer – Terminals.io
Remote/Work From Home. You must be a legal resident of Canada, with a reliable internet connection and your own up-to-date PC/laptop.
Are you a developer who wants to get into a gaming job that isn’t necessarily making games? Evolve is looking for a versatile, ambitious, full-time developer to help us build Terminals.io into the leading tools suite for video game promotion. This is a great position for someone early in their career who’s excited about working in a startup environment within one of the industry’s premier marketing agencies, and who wants expand and learn a broad range of web-development skills.
You’ll wear many hats (all very cool and flattering hats, of course), and will be responsible for delivering all manner of projects, large and small. You’ll toy with front-end development, DevOps, databases, and more, and will work independently and as part of a team, proactively pushing your projects to completion.
This is a remote, work-from-home position in Canada.
Experience & Skills
Nobody’s perfect, but the ideal candidate has many of the following traits and skills:
- PHP (1+ year of experience)
- AlpineJS or equivalent (1+ year of experience)
- DevOps experience and/or interest in systems as a whole
- An interest in building things from the ground up, and the focus to finish them.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. We’re a remote team, and it’s important that you can communicate your plans, projects, and work effectively.
- Top-notch collaboration. This position involves working alongside our Terminals team, as well as the rest of the Evolve team, and you’ll need to be a strong team player. GO TEAM!
- Deep interest in video games and the games industry. Bonus points if you also know lots about the gaming media and influencer landscape.
- Exceptional organization and project management. This job requires keeping track of lots of different things—big and small. It’s literally impossible to keep it all in your head, so you need to be good at task management and organization.
- Self-driven. While you’re working with a team, it’s still a remote gig. You need to be self-motivated and ready to drive projects forward, consistently.
Nice to Have
While we need someone who embodies the traits and skills above, it’s always nice to have a few tricks up your sleeve. Some areas of expertise we’d love to see among applicants include:
- Analytics focus: You know about statistics, social media measurement, KPIs, etc.
- Graphic design chops: Since part of the job will be front-end/consumer facing, it’s certainly helpful if you can make things look pretty.
Ready to Apply?
We’re asking for a little info so we can get to know you better! Please send us the following to [email protected], citing the Junior Web Developer position.
- Your resume/CV
- Cover letter
- A link to your GitHub account
- Your favorite personal project
- Your most challenging commercial project (if applicable)
- Anything else you feel can convey your skills!
Tips For Applying
- Read the job description fully, and ensure you’re qualified. Sure, it’s nice to shoot for the stars, but if you have none of the qualifications, you may want to hold off on applying.
- We value creativity, so don’t feel like you need to come across as a corporate robot when applying.
- Make sure you’ve actually submitted the things that are required to apply!
- Sharing links to your relevant social media accounts is really helpful; saves us having to dig for them!
- We focus our hiring on Canadian residents, but if you’re exceptionally qualified, we’re happy to consider non-Canadian applicants on a contract basis. Just know that you wouldn’t be eligible for the same health/dental benefits as our staff in Canada. Taxes and logistics and all.